Whilst evidence based individual results are inspirational, the science behind Isagenix; the sound statistics and data that support and confirm the anecdotal evidence is proof that the products work, and work well.
Below are many Isagenix reviews including independent clinical trials, published articles, podcasts, findings from independent sources and from the team of 25 scientists at Isagenix regarding the 30-day program, the products and the importance of protein. Click on the links or read the summaries below.
Science behind Isagenix
1. Health heart diet vs. 30 day cleanse.
Isagenix products were evaluated in an independent, third party clinical study performed at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Great statistics and graphs that demonstrate superior results across all key measured parameters. Results
2. Year long Skidmore College study. Health heart diet vs. 30 day cleanse.
12 month study regarding the Isagenix system showing positive results for weight loss and long-term weight maintenance. “Science is why I love my job at Isagenix, because Iasgenix invests in scientifically supported Products.” Dr. Suk Cho, Isagenix Chief Science Officer.
3. A 2014 independent study, conducted by Skidmore College.
Professor Dr. Paul Arciero, proves the Isagenix 30-Day Cleansing and Fat Burning System is one of the best nutritional systems for overall health and well-being. Data and results from the study including fat loss, weight loss, visceral fat loss, and PCB toxin measurements are discussed.
4. Nutrition Journal Publication
An article published in the high profile, peer reviewed publication Nutrition Journal shows MRI scans of visceral fat in subjects before and after (Image B) using Isagenix products.
5. Article in Popular Science Magazine “The man who would stop time” – Dr. Bill Andrews
Dr. Bill Andrews has spent two decades unlocking the molecular mechanisms of ageing, and is the key formulator behind Isagenix Product B. Read Article
6. A Current Affair.
ACA ran a story on Isagenix in 2008. A neighbourhood street participated in the Isagenix nutritional cleanse and to date the ‘weight loss street party’ has lost 120kg’s collectively. To quote ACA “its the ingenious initiative that is not only encouraging individuals to get fit and lose weight, but its also encouraging those around you.”
7. Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration of damaged, old immune system.
University of Southern California, 2014.
“We could not predict that fasting would have such a remarkable effect in promoting stem cell-based regeneration of the hematopeietic system.” Valter Longo. View Study
8. The Protein leverage hypothesis. University of Sydney, 2014.
“What these studies have revealed is that animals exhibit a ‘dominant appetite’ for protein. If they are given food that is low in protein but rich in carbohydrates, they will keep eating the carb-heavy food until it has supplied them with enough protein. This increases their overall energy intake, leading to weight gain.” This article examines the changes in the protein ratio in animal studies and the western diet, hypothesizes the correlation as to why we are all getting so fat. View Study
9. Fasting for just one day has been shown to increase growth hormone by an average of 1,300 percent in women, and nearly 2,000 percent in men.
Human growth hormone aids in establishing metabolic balance, stimulates and protects muscle mass, and helps reduce body fat. Intermountain Medical Center. Routine periodic fasting is good for your health, and your heart, study suggests. View Study
10. Cleanse days boost muscle building compounds, helping to prevent muscle loss.
Not only is human growth hormone an important part of muscle building, it also plays a role in preventing muscle breakdown and increasing fat burning. Cleanse Days are known to boost production of growth hormone. Norrelund H. The metabolic role of growth hormone in humans with particular reference to fasting. Growth Horm IGF Res 2005;15:95-122.
11. Improvement in Coronary heart disease risk factors during Intermittent fasting/calorie restriction regime. View Study
12. What is your health age?
An article published in The Age regarding a Priceline survey “What’s your health age” involved 60,000 participants. Findings showed an average ‘health age’ for Australian women is five years more than their actual age. Health and lifestyle issues including lack of sleep, lack of exercise, stress and dietary choices were among the key indicators to raise “health age”. The study also found that only one in five Australians eat the daily-recommended servings of fruit and vegetables.
13. Maastricht University Medical Center Study
A single daily dose of 35 grams of whey protein led to higher circulating levels of amino acids, as well as improved muscle synthesis. The “right” kind of protein nourishes your whole body and gets rid of unhealthy fat that can build up as you age, from the inside out.
14. The Journal of the American Medical Association
“Sarcopenia is the backdrop against which the drama of disease is played out.” If you’re not getting enough protein, your body can’t fight illness or degeneration. Even if your body weight is normal, having a high percentage of body fat puts you at an increased risk for chronic disease.
15. Australian Bureau of statistics October 2012.
– 63% of the Australian population is classified as overweight or obese.
– 5.5% overall increase in obesity since 2001
– Total annual cost of obesity to Australians including health system costs, loss of productivity costs and carer’s costs is estimated at $58 Billion.
16. Australian Institute of health and Welfare 2013.
In Australia, over 14 million, or 3 in 5 adults are overweight or obese. Worse still, 1 in 4 Australian children are overweight or obese.
17. Benefits to Business. The evidence for investing in worker health and wellbeing. Australian Gov. Comcare report.
Chronic disease is considered to be largely preventable. These diseases include arthritis, musculoskeletal disease, depression and anxiety, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and hypertension. In Australia, more than 70% of the overall health burden is due to these chronic diseases.
More than 17 articles and studies mentioned here and countless others support the science behind Isagenix.